20 December 2009

the end of an era

it wasn't until last night that i realized this decade ends in a few days. this dreadful decade of daft decadence is but a week and a half shy of its long overdue demise.

and i'm going to celebrate by burning my melancholy-laden mementos. pictures, postcards, love letters, wedding albums, and everything else that stood between being who and what i am right this second and all the wasted time (see heartbreak, disappointment, disillusionment, and self-destruction) in-between.

though 'twas in the wee shadows of this birthday past that i finally let go of the bondages of my past, its things are still around me. but next week, i will damn the decade of decadence to the fire-pit in u.b.'s backyard, where i will sit with a rocky bourbon in hand, watching my past singe, crumble, and disappear into its ashy graveyard.

and whilst i celebrate the end of my fore_gone_ era, i will welcome a new year, a new decade, and a new chapter in my life.

~k

1 comment: