14 September 2020

back home on the music box steps

I started this blog during a transformational time in my life.  I was on the heels of a marriage ending, the beginning of a hobby in politics, and learning to live on my own amidst the magic of the Music Box Steps.  

Since that transformation, I've moved to two different time zones, married again, birthed two babies, divorced again, and somehow managed to build a successful career and an equally successful (depending on your viewpoint) hobby in politics.  

As I once again find myself in the middle of a transformation, I feel pulled back to this place, where it all began, and where it fell off when I rerouted my life to become a mom.  

Politics has become a serious side hustle, where I'm Councilwoman on the St. Louis County Council.  It was become all-consuming at times, all-rewarding in others, and a place where I'm consistently awestruck by the viciousness that waits around every corner.  

I need a place to process what it's like to navigate the dirty world of politics, while spending the rest of my time helping people rise to their potential, and to figure out how to see through the haze of hate to stay focused on doing good wherever I can and for as long as I can.

That place is here.  On the Music Box Steps.

~k

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelli,
    Remember me from Los Angeles? I met you around 2008. Almost rented your apartment on the music box steps. Nice to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete